The Sacrament of Matrimony
Is the matrimonial covenant by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of children; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ to the dignity of a sacrament. CCC 1601
- The couple should contact their parish as soon as they have made the decision to marry.
- The couple should receive appropriate education and pastoral preparation through participation in a marriage preparation program approved by the Diocese.
- Baptized Catholics should present a recently issued, annotated baptismal certificate.
- Baptized non-Catholics should present satisfactory proof of baptism and freedom to marry.
- Unbaptized persons should present satisfactory proof of freedom to marry.