About St. Michael’s Catholic Academy:
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy in Austin, TX, is a Christ-centered, college preparatory learning community, inspiring lives of service, courage, personal integrity, and intellectual curiosity. We are distinguished by our Catholic tradition, a welcoming and diverse community, excellent academic programs and a variety of extracurricular activities.
Summary of Position:
St. Michael's Catholic Academy seeks a Spanish teacher beginning August 2017. We are searching for a dynamic, innovative educator to teach at many high school levels including Honors or AP courses. Responsibilities include teaching 4-5 sections of courses, leading an advisory, participating in on-going community service projects and retreats with students and fellow teachers, and opportunity to design and implement elective courses
Responsibilities include but are not limited for the teacher to:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards students, staff and faculty.
- Be passionate about pedagogy and collaborative work.
- Dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school.
- Possess wide-ranging academic preparation.
- Be fully committed to the development of a well-rounded student.
- Willing to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues on departmental objectives.
- Expected to contribute to our Winter Term, a 3 week term during which diverse opportunities are offered for classes, academic travel and internships.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and a commitment to both the developmental needs of adolescents and to education.
- Have a commitment to diversity in all aspects of school life and reflect an appreciation of lifelong learning
Required Experience, Degree and Skills:
All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, prior experience in education and demonstrate fluency in the target language.
Send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org