Part-time Choir Teacher
Positions employed in the school help to extend the ministry of the pastor and the principal in
particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is
closely connected to and assists the pastor and the principal in the performance of their ministry
and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
The Classroom Teacher plans, guides, and evaluates the learning process of students. This
position reports to the principal and has decision-making responsibilities within the framework
of school policies, philosophy, organization, and curriculum.
● Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
● Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Support and adhere to the Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school.
● Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit
plans according to the school policies.
● Provide appropriate material and resources for students to engage in learning.
● Use effective instructional methods and models according to professional standard practice.
● Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
● Provide instruction and assessment for understanding.
● Maintain current and accurate records according to school policies.
● Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
● Communicate with parents regarding academic, behavioral, and safety concerns.
● Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to students, parents, and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Knowledge of subjects taught, instructional methods and strategies, and curriculum
● Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior.
● Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Skill in pacing and differentiating instruction.
● Skill in motivating and engaging students in the learning process.
● Skill in organizing and relating information in an understandable format.
● Skill in using job-appropriate technology.
● Skill in critical thinking and planning.
● Skill in demonstrating professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits.
● Skill in collaborating with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional
● Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
● Ability to manage student behavior in classroom setting.
● Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
● Ability to work well with others in the school community.
● Ability to conference with parents upon request and respond to messages in a timely manner.
● Ability to demonstrate gains in student performance that are in keeping with school goals.
● Ability to respond to individual learning needs.
● Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field from an accredited American university or
equivalent in a foreign country.
● None required.
Certifications and Training:
● Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching field as set forth by the Diocese and TCCED.
● Must submit an Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Application for Ministry within the first
week of employment, participate in an EIM Basic abuse prevention training workshop within 60
days of submitting a complete Application for Ministry, and maintain EIM compliance during the
entire term of employment.
● Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration.
● Must complete Religion Certification Part 1 within two years of the date of hire, completing a
minimum of 25 hours each year.
● All employees of the school are engaged in ministry and closely tied to the principal in the
exercise of the principal’s ministry and obligations to the school.
● The school is an at-will employer.
● Working in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans that may change rapidly.
● Working on weekends, evenings, and some holidays may be required.
● Will be exposed to religious ceremonies, conduct, and speech including Christian prayer and
Catholic liturgical celebrations. Staff meetings and other functions may open and close with
● Will be required to adhere to established dress codes and conduct standards.
● All buildings and vehicles owned by the school are tobacco free.
● May be required to use personal or school vehicles to drive to off-site locations.
● Traveling within and outside the school to meetings and other events may be required, and travel
may include overnight lodging.
● Must maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to students, parents, colleagues, and
● Will be required to work in multiple educational settings.
Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the Diocese and TCCED. See Description
Please complete the application found on our website at www.reicher.org and submit it along with your resume to email@example.com