Full-time Coordinator, Children's Ministry
• Serves as a point of contact and coordinating all children’ faith formation-related activities including special events to enable the community to have a lively and fuller experience of faith-filled formation.
• Coordinates all children-related activities for parish programs.
• Recruits and trains volunteers as catechists, assistants and in support positions.
• participates as a member of the Faith Formation team with youth and adult formation ministry coordinators to integrate children program planning with youth and adult programs.
• Ensure sound Catholic teaching in an age appropriate pedagogy, with well-trained catechists in a joyful and disciplined environment.
• Oversee the registration and admission process in a timely, organized manner.
• Coordinate the efficient and smooth running of all the age appropriate faith formation for PreK-6 with the help of catechists and volunteers (Wed. 6pm-7pm, Sun 9:45am-10:45am, Sun 4:15pm-5:15pm).
• Coordinate the First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion Sacramental Preparation (10 classes outside of regular Faith Formation classes). Baptized Catholics, 2nd grade and above are eligible.
• Coordinate RCIA for children (unbaptized children, seven years and older are eligible).
• Coordinate Vacation Bible School, usually held during summer, for a week, Monday-Friday.
• Coordinate the recruitment, training, ongoing formation, and supervision of the catechists, aides, substitutes and volunteers.
• Communicate with parents appropriately and in a timely manner; providing them with information and formation as necessary.
• Organize the curriculum, lesson plans, textbooks, teaching aids, classroom supplies, etc. for the classrooms.
• Coordinate liturgical formation, devotional practices, sacramental celebrations, prayer times, etc. for spiritual growth.
• Organize the collection and maintenance of necessary certificates, documents, and attendance records and all necessary paper work and follow-up.
• Prepare, monitor and manage the budget as approved by the administrative staff.
• Ensure a safe environment for the children and others by enforcing EIM compliance.
• A practicing Roman Catholic with sound moral character and a contagious faith.
• A servant heart and a desire to view this position as a ministry/call.
• Basic understanding of theology, catechesis, ecclesiology, catechism of the Catholic Church, Liturgy and Scripture.
• A general background in education, administration, organization, and management of personnel, time and resources.
• A prayerful disposition to work with clergy, volunteers, staff, parents, children and difficult people.
• A willingness to learn, take responsibility, and follow instructions with a positive outlook and good planning.
• A minimum competence in computer skills, knowledge of PDS, Microsoft Office and web interface.
• An ability to communicate well and in a Christian way.
• Willingness to work flexible hours.
• Certification or degree in Catechesis/Theology/Education preferred.
• Knowledge of the parish and the community is a plus.
Education and Trainings: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred; Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years’ work experience in a Catholic Church or institution preferred.
Language: English language skills required. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Catholic Requirement: Basic understanding of Catholic catechism. Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 90 days of employment and maintain certification throughout the employment period.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
Submit Resume, letter of intent, and references to Liturgy@stabcs.org