Facilities - Part Time
Saint William is the largest Catholic Church in the Austin diocese with over 6,600 registered families, a multi-million dollar budget, 60+ part time and full time staff on 30 acres of property. We are a vibrant, growing parish seeking another strong member for our facilities team (part time). This person will join a strong team that is dedicated to the day to day upkeep, cleaning, set ups, repairs that come with a busy parish.
Under general supervision: unlock or open buildings and classroom doors, perform specialized custodial care of buildings and grounds, perform classroom and meeting space set-ups of tables, chairs and peripherals. Lock or close buildings at night. Perform routine maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, cleaning ceiling diffusers and grilles, changing out air filters, some painting and drywall repairs, carpet cleaning, floor re-finishing.
1. Responsible for the day-to-day physical operations of the Church facilities including: setting up of tables and chairs, inventory control of maintenance supplies and creating a pleasing atmosphere for visitors, parishioners, and staff.
2. Support the Pastors, staff, and membership of St. William by responding to their needs in a professional manner.. Must have ability to take direction from multiple sources and work alone at times without supervision.
3. Must maintain professional appearance and attitude while on campus and among all staff as well as provide a welcoming and courteous environment.
4. Support the parish by completing work orders and support all aspects of events and campus cleanliness.
5. Must have a servant leadership work ethic (Serving the needs of others) and teamwork attitude with willingness to fill in wherever needed.
6. All other duties as assigned.
Graduation from High School or equivalent, plus three (3) years of building maintenance. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Please contact Arnoldo Rodriguez or front office to obtain and fill out application.