Elementary Classroom Teachers
Santa Cruz Catholic School is seeking Elementary Classroom Teachers for Kindergarten and 4th Grade for the 2017-2018 school year. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: Mrs. Susan Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Classroom Teacher plans, guides, and evaluates the learning process of students. This position reports to the principal and has decision-making responsibilities within the framework of school policies, philosophy, organization, and curriculum.
• Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
• Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to the school policies.
• Provide appropriate material and resources for students to engage in learning.
• Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
• Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
• Communicate with parents regarding academic, behavioral, and safety concerns.
• Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Knowledge of subjects taught, instructional methods and strategies, and curriculum differentiation.
• Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior
• Skill in pacing and differentiating instruction.
• Skill in motivating and engaging students in the learning process.
• Skill in collaborating with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning.
• Ability to manage student behavior in classroom setting.
• Ability to conference with parents upon request and respond to messages in a timely manner.
• Ability to demonstrate gains in student performance that are in keeping with school goals.
• Ability to respond to individual learning needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with an Alternative Teaching Certification.
• Technology Proficiency
• None required.
Certifications and Training:
• Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching field as set forth by the Diocese and TCCED.
• Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration, which include 170 hours of Religion class hours over a 5 year period.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: Mrs. Susan Flanagan at email@example.com