Director of Adult Faith Formation
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position which reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). The Director of Adult Faith Formation is responsible for developing, directing, promoting, evaluating and implementing the parish Adult Faith Education programs as designated by the Pastor. This position will, by its nature, require frequent evening and weekend hours. This position has authority to exercise independent judgment and discretion within the scope of the job.
• Implementation of RCIA program; leading core team, developing curriculum, administration of appropriate paperwork, and, above all, relational ministry with inquirers.
• Oversight and administration of all book and Bible studies for various SJN adult ministries.
• Coordination of SJN Young Adults fellowship.
• Oversight of Marriage Formation ministry.
• Oversight and development of AFF budget.
• Visioning for future adult faith ministries.
• Ensures that parish and diocesan guidelines within the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry program are followed and promoted.
• Planning and setup for special events.
• Coordination and planning for Parish Missions and Parish Retreats.
Secondary Job Duties
• Staff contact, liaison and assistance for various ministries and/or partner ministries like Brothers in Christ, Knights of Columbus, Wine Women & Word, et al.
• Assistance with logistics for CRHP retreat weekends.
• Administrative assistance and logistical planning for off campus events (e.g. bus trips, church tours, etc.)
• Provides guidance and leadership to all volunteers and assesses and evaluates the performance of assigned volunteers.
• Recruiting of qualified catechists for Adult Faith Formation programs and RCIA program.
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor, Associate Pastor or COO.
• Preferably Masters in Theology; minimum of Bachelor’s degree from accredited university, preferably in a theological field or coursework in theological discipline.
• Minimum two years full-time experience working in ministry.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing.
Licenses / Certifications:
Valid Texas Class C driver license
• Documents and teachings of the Catholic Church related to the respective ministry, including Catholic Faith Formation, Lesson-planning, liturgical Rites
• Use of a personal computer and software used by St. John Neumann.
• Writing in a variety of styles, including pastoral, spiritual, professional, business, etc.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Write compelling content to promote all AFF events and activities.
• Multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
• Use appropriate and effective leadership strategies to maximize volunteer performance and participation.
• Invite the adults of our parish to participate more fully in our faith, particularly new parishioners and families who attend Mass but may not be actively involved in the community.
Kindly send a cover letter stating why you would like to join our parish staff along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. God Bless.