Coordinator of Youth Ministry
The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the parish (St. Margaret Catholic Church – Giddings, Texas) which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ’s mission present and enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them his mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at St. Margaret Catholic Church – Giddings, Texas help to extend the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
The Coordinator for Youth Ministry is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing parish level opportunities and events for middle school and high school youth to worship, learn, socialize, and serve. The Coordinator of Youth Ministry will formulate and direct a comprehensive confirmation program and work closely with the Director of Religious Education to ensure a consistent faith formation experience for the youth. The position reports to the Director of Religious Education and operates under general supervision with wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Implement a relational youth ministry model that is geared toward a joyful encounter with the good God who has called us to an enduring personal relationship with the Father, through Jesus Christ, in the Holy Spirit.
• Plan, organize, and implement parish level opportunities for middle school and high school youth to worship, learn, socialize, and serve in the Catholic faith.
• Formulate and direct a comprehensive Confirmation program.
• Formulate and administer an annual budget in collaboration with the Pastor and business administrator.
• Maintain a flexible schedule of at least 30 hours per week to include evenings, weekends, and special occasions.
• Provide pastoral care of youth and youth ministry volunteers.
• Plan, organize and implement Diocesan level opportunities and events for middle school and high school youth, college students and young adults to socialize, worship, serve and grow in the Catholic faith.
• Knowledge of comprehensive youth ministry.
• Knowledge of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church as passed down through tradition, sacred scripture, and the documents of the church, including but not limited to the New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE), the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the Code of Canon Law, and Papal Encyclicals.
• Skill in verbal and non-verbal communication.
• Ability to work closely with the Director of Religious Education to ensure a consistent faith formation experience for the youth.
• Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to work effectively with others (staff, clergy, religious, and laity).
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques.
• Ability to maintain respect at all times.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
• Bachelor’s degree in theology, religious education, pastoral ministry, or related field from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
Please send all application to:
Fr. Uche Andeh
485 South Leon Street
Giddings, TX 78942
fax: (979) 542-4186