Coordinator for Spanish-language Youth Ministry
The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the parish of Saint William which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ’s mission present and enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them his mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at Saint William help to extend the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
This full time position for Spanish-language youth ministry, includes middle school and high school ministry, Confirmation and RCIA-Adapted for Children. Responsibilities include leading our youth in grades 6-12 into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through evangelization, catechesis, service and worship.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish, coupled with strong organizational habits that will allow them to be successful in collaborating and in achieving the program's needs from planning and recruitment to budgeting.
Education and Trainings:
• Undergraduate degree/certification in Theology, Religious Education, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field is preferred
• 2-3 years of experience in a parish setting preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
• Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment and maintain certification throughout the employment period.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Faith Formation