Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a full-time exempt position which reports directly to the Pastor and is responsible for overseeing day to day operations, leading staff as well as ensuring the financial stability and wellness of the parish. The COO works to implement both the long and short term visions of the Pastor, but has great latitude in discretionary decision-making and must use broad independent judgment to carry out that vision.
• Staff coaching and supervision, including but not limited to scheduling, one-on-one ministry update meetings, facilitating staff meetings, interviewing and making recommendations to the Pastor on hiring, evaluation of staff performance, and leadership of department heads and other ministry leaders.
• Supervision of parish finances including assistance with creation of annual budget, expenditure oversight, and planning for all facilities projects. Works with accounting team to ensure that all expenses are within budgetary constraints and that all reporting to government and diocesan entities is completed in a timely manner.
• Directs the administrative operation of the parish office, facilities, and parish preschool by negotiating contacts with vendors, working with staff to maintain facilities, and ensuring regulatory compliance for entire campus.
• Attends meetings and work collaboratively with various parish councils including Finance Council on annual budget and long-term financial planning, Pastoral Council on parish priorities, and Master Planning Committee on long term planning and execution of parish construction projects.
• Management of large capital and construction projects from start to finish including conceptual design, selection of key vendors, coordination of resources, and ensuring projects remain on time and within budget to completion.
• Assesses all IT needs for the parish and develops IT roadmap including design, purchase, and deployment of all parish technology needs.
• Prepares and submits all required reports to the Diocese of Austin including personnel, financial, and property information for insurance purposes.
• Coordinates annual review of parish calendar events with staff including decisions regarding parish facilities and building use.
• Coordinates with Facilities Manager on all property and maintenance issues and priorities.
• Administrative support as needed to the clergy, department heads, department employees as well as to various ministries in the parish.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with a good working knowledge and understanding of Catholic faith and the inner workings of the Catholic Church.
• Knowledge of appropriate management concepts and principles used to motivate and supervise staff to perform effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to develop long-term strategic goals and organizational planning as well as capability to execute an effective game plan to meet those goals.
• Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills as well as capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Business Administration preferred. Advanced degree in a theological discipline is helpful.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in business administration or other parish-related administration which includes at least two (2) years supervisory experience.
How to Apply: Kindly send a cover letter stating why you would like to join our parish staff along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.