As the official newspaper for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Austin, the Catholic Spirit is dedicated to providing information, education and formation for the Catholic community of Central Texas. This mission calls for the newspaper:
- to provide readers with an understanding of our Catholic faith and traditions;
- to be a primary source of information on Catholic issues relevant to the community;
- to be a unifying element for faith communities, both rural and urban, throughout Central Texas;
- to show respect for and appreciation of all cultural groups and traditions;
- to emphasize topics affirming the Catholic community and life, while acknowledging the humanity of the community and examining, with courage, topics that challenge and encourage growth in the faith;
- to carry a commitment to social justice that will support the renewal of the church in Central Texas.
Subscribe to the Catholic Spirit
Subscription rates are $12 for one year. To subscribe, send check payable to Catholic Spirit to Catholic Spirit, 6225 Hwy. 290 East, Austin, TX 78723. Members of a parish in the Austin Diocese may receive the newspaper for $6.50 for one year. Contact your parish staff for more information.
Change of Address
Send all address changes to Catholic Spirit, 6225 Hwy. 290 East, Austin, TX 78723. Please include your parish’s name and city and your old address. Or call (512) 949-2400.
Cancel your Subscription
Send all cancellations to Catholic Spirit, 6225 Hwy. 290 East, Austin, TX 78723, or call (512) 949-2400.
Publisher: Most Rev. Joe S. Vásquez, Bishop of Austin
Editor: Shelley Metcalf; (512) 949-2443
Advertising: Shelley Metcalf; (512) 949-2443
How to Submit Information
Deadline for each issue is the 10th of the month prior to publication (for example: deadline for October issue is Sept. 10).
You can submit material in any of the following ways:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Catholic Spirit, 6225 Hwy. 290 East, Austin, TX 78723
- Fax to (512) 949-2523
- Bring it to the newspaper office located at the Pastoral Center, 6225 Hwy. 290 East, Austin
For additional information, call (512) 949-2400 or e-mail us. Catholic Spirit has unrestricted editing rights.
How to Submit a Letter to the Editor
Readers are encouraged to express their opinions on articles published in Catholic Spirit. Letters to the editor provide a forum of discussion for the local Catholic community. The views expressed in the letters do not necessarily represent those of the editor or the publisher of Catholic Spirit.
Letters to the editor should be typed, double-spaced and, preferably, limited to 250 words. Name and full address of the writer should be provided, though name will be withheld from publication on request. We reserve the right to edit or withhold all letters. Please e-mail to email@example.com or mail to: Editor, Catholic Spirit, 6225 Hwy. 290 East, Austin, TX 78723.
NOTE: The email links on this page have been disabled to prevent harvesting and abuse. We apologize for the inconvenience, but you will need to type this address into your email message in order to send us a message.