The Friday E-Pistle (July 22, 2016)
A message from Bishop Vásquez
Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, issued the following statement on July 8: “In the days ahead, we will look toward additional ways of nurturing an open, honest and civil dialogue on issues of race relations, restorative justice, mental health, economic opportunity and addressing the questions of pervasive gun violence.”
To fulfill the promise made, dioceses across the country have been asked to mark a “Day of Prayer for Peace in Our Communities” on Sept. 9, the feast of St. Peter Claver. Further information and resources will be shared with pastors and parishes as they become available.
- Do we exemplify lives of daily service? Do our daily choices reflect an awareness that Jesus could return at any minute or do we act as though we have plenty of time to get our house in order?
- ¿Ejemplificamos diariamente una vida de servicio? Reflejan nuestras elecciones diarias nuestro entendimiento de que Jesús podría volver en cualquier momento o actuamos como si tuviéramos suficiente tiempo para poner en orden nuestra casa?
Stewardship and Development Office
National Collection – Promotional Material
The online system for the diocese to order material on behalf of the parishes is now open. The national collections with available materials are:
- World and Home Missions (Church in Latin America, Church in Central and Eastern Europe, Solidarity Fund for the Church in Africa, Catholic Home Missions Appeal)
- The Catholic Relief Services Collection
- Peter’s Pence Collection
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development
- Retirement Fund for Religious
- 2017 Trinity Dome Collection for the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (one time collection)
This site is not available for individual parish use. If you have changes to your current parish material counts, e-mail Margaret Kappel by Aug.15.
2016-2017 CSA Training Sessions
Priests, parish secretaries, business administrators, CSA coordinators, and stewardship and development administrators are strongly encouraged to attend one of the training sessions for this year’s Catholic Services Appeal. Save the date for the session that works best for you.
- You are welcome to attend the session that is most convenient for you.
- At least one person from each parish must attend.
- New pastors and newly-ordained priests are encouraged to attend.
- Topics covered will include previous CSA results, raising awareness, parish materials, the CSA case statement, conducting the appeal and return procedures.
- Parish CSA materials will be distributed at this time.
- Registration will open in August. You must register in order to receive your materials.
Sept. 20 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Austin – Diocese of Austin Pastoral Center
Sept. 20 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Austin – Diocese of Austin Pastoral Center
Sept. 21 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Austin – Diocese of Austin Pastoral Center
Sept. 21 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Austin – Diocese of Austin Pastoral Center
Sept. 22 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at Waco – St. Jerome Parish, Jordan Hall
Sept. 22 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Temple – St. Mary Parish, Ave Maria Building, Regina Caeli Room
Sept. 27 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Burnet – Our Mother of Sorrows Parish, Parish Hall
Sept. 28 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Kyle – St. Anthony Marie de Claret Parish, Joseph Room, Holy Family Building
Sept. 29 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at Bryan – St. Anthony Parish, Multipurpose Building
Sept. 29 from 1:30 to 3 p.m.at Brenham – St. Mary, Immaculate Conception Parish, PAC
Bishop Vásquez’ prayer request
- That all the faithful would seek to serve Christ in what they do in every moment of their lives as preparation for the day the Lord calls them home, we pray…
- Que todos los fieles busquen servir a Cristo en lo que hacen en cada momento de sus vidas como preparación para el día en que El Señor les llama a casa, oremos...
Ethics and Integrity in Ministry
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops
Click here to login to your EIM account in order to find the workshop schedule and Sign Up for a Workshop (bottom right of your account page). Instructions are provided in case you do not recall how to login to your EIM account. Please contact your parish or Catholic school EIM site administrator if you need assistance or if you do not have Internet access. For general information about EIM workshops, please click here.
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops are scheduled by the EIM Office, coordinating with the EIM site administrator at parishes, schools and other diocesan agencies. Staff of any site wishing to host a workshop should coordinate with their EIM site administrator. If the site administrator has arranged workshop details with a facilitator, then an email to the EIM office with those details is sufficient to request a workshop; otherwise workshop requests should be made by the site administrator using the Workshop Request Table. EIM site administrators may direct inquiries about EIM workshop scheduling to Emily Hurlimann in the EIM Office at (512) 949-2447.