The Friday E-Pistle (July 15, 2016)
A message from Bishop Vásquez
- Consumerism often leads us to have more earthly treasures than we need. In today's Gospel, Jesus warns us against storing up too many earthly treasures because one's life "does not consist of possessions." Instead, he tells us to focus on being "rich in what matters to God." What can we do daily to enrich our spiritual lives?
- El consumismo con frecuencia nos lleva a tener más de los tesoros terrenales de los que necesitamos. En el Evangelio de hoy, Jesús nos advierte contra la acumulación de demasiados tesoros terrenales ya que la vida no "consiste de posesiones". En su lugar, Él nos dice que nos enfoquemos en ser "ricos en lo que es importante para Dios" ¿Qué podemos hacer diariamente para enriquecer nuestras vidas espirituales?
Cedarbrake Catholic Retreat Center
- Reaching Out: Three Movements of the Spiritual Life will be presented Aug. 12-14 at Cedarbrake Catholic Retreat Center in Belton. Father Henri Nouwen wrote that our spiritual ascent evolves in three movements: loneliness to solitude, hostility to hospitality and illusion to prayer. The Cedarbrake staff will lead this retreat based on Father Nouwen’s book. Cost is $210 for a private room, $170 for a shared room and $95 for commuters; all meals are included. To register contact Cedarbrake at (254) 780-2436 or email@example.com.
Stewardship and Development
International Catholic Stewardship Council (ICSC) Conference
Bishop Vásquez’ prayer request
- May our local farmers and ranchers reap a bountiful harvest …
- Por que nuestros granjeros y agricultores recojan una abundante cosecha...
Blessings and congratulations to …
- Rev. Neville Jansze, Aug. 2, 1986.
- Rev. John Ssozi, Aug. 3, 1996.
- Rev. Francisco Osnaya Vargas, OFM Conv., Aug. 30, 2014.
Ethics and Integrity in Ministry
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops
Click here to login to your EIM account in order to find the workshop schedule and Sign Up for a Workshop (bottom right of your account page). Instructions are provided in case you do not recall how to login to your EIM account. Please contact your parish or Catholic school EIM site administrator if you need assistance or if you do not have Internet access. For general information about EIM workshops, please click here.
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops are scheduled by the EIM Office, coordinating with the EIM site administrator at parishes, schools and other diocesan agencies. Staff of any site wishing to host a workshop should coordinate with their EIM site administrator. If the site administrator has arranged workshop details with a facilitator, then an email to the EIM office with those details is sufficient to request a workshop; otherwise workshop requests should be made by the site administrator using the Workshop Request Table. EIM site administrators may direct inquiries about EIM workshop scheduling to Emily Hurlimann in the EIM Office at (512) 949-2447.