The Friday E-Pistle (May 27, 2016)
A message from Bishop Vásquez
- We congratulate Missionary Catechist of Divine Providence Sister Mary Lou Barba for being selected as the 2016 recipient of the F. Sadlier Dinger Award during the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership Conference in Jacksonville, Fla. Sr. Mary Lou serves as the director of the diocesan Office for Religious and as the director of religious education for Emmaus Parish in Lakeway.
- We congratulate Deacons Jared Heath Cooke, Joseph Martin Daheim, Douglas Bryant Jeffers, Jesse Paul Martinez, and Brian Anthony Phillips who were ordained by Bishop Daniel Garcia to the Order of Deacons on May 21. We thank all who served and participated in the Mass and who planned and volunteered at the reception following the Mass.
Consider using the following meditation for the 11th Sunday in Ordinary Time (June 12):
- When we love, we give of ourselves for another. In today's Gospel, Jesus’ host did not offer customary hospitality to Jesus, yet the “sinful woman” did offer her love. How well do we exhibit love for our families, neighbors, co-workers and strangers? Do others encounter God’s love and forgiveness through our everyday actions? How much has God forgiven me? Do I do the same for others?
- Cuando amamos, nos damos por el otro. En el Evangelio de hoy, el anfitrión de Jesús no ofreció la hospitalidad acostumbrada a Jesús, sin embargo la "mujer pecadora" sí ofreció su amor ¿Qué tan bien mostramos amor por nuestras familias, vecinos, compañeros de trabajo y extraños? ¿Encuentran otros el amor y el perdón de Dios a través de nuestras acciones diarias? ¿Cuánto me ha perdonado Dios? ¿Hago lo mismo por los demás?
Bishop Vásquez’ prayer request
Please consider Bishop Vásquez’ prayer request for the 11th Sunday of Ordinary time (June 12):
- That the faithful may model respect for all people by showing love through acts of service and kindness …
- Que los fieles sean modelo de respeto para toda la gente al mostrar amor a través de actos de servicio y amabilidad...
Ethics and Integrity in Ministry
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops
Click here to login to your EIM account in order to find the workshop schedule and Sign Up for a Workshop (bottom right of your account page). Instructions are provided in case you do not recall how to login to your EIM account. Please contact your parish or Catholic school EIM site administrator if you need assistance or if you do not have Internet access. For general information about EIM workshops, please click here.
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops are scheduled by the EIM Office, coordinating with the EIM site administrator at parishes, schools and other diocesan agencies. Staff of any site wishing to host a workshop should coordinate with their EIM site administrator. If the site administrator has arranged workshop details with a facilitator, then an email to the EIM office with those details is sufficient to request a workshop; otherwise workshop requests should be made by the site administrator using the Workshop Request Table. EIM site administrators may direct inquiries about EIM workshop scheduling to Emily Hurlimann in the EIM Office at (512) 949-2447.