The Friday E-Pistle (April 29, 2016)
A message from Bishop Vásquez
- Rev. Craig DeYoung, associate pastor at St. Elizabeth Parish in Pflugerville, as chaplain for the Courage ministry, effective Feb. 1, 2016.
Pastoral Plan Update
We had wonderful participation for Bishop Vásquez' and Bishop Garcia's presentations on the Pastoral Plan. Thanks and blessings to the parishes that hosted the events: San José, Austin; St. Thomas More, Austin; and St. Joseph, Bryan. Plans are in the works for fall sessions in English and Spanish.
Members of the Core Team have visited priests’ deanery meetings to discuss implementing the plan in the parish. At these meetings and other opportunities, we are distributing extra copies of plan materials to be used by the parish staff and pastoral councils. Team members are also available to visit a parish to provide guidance in the implementation process. We are on schedule in implementing the Pastoral Plan. The primary objective for the first year is to communicate the content of the plan and help people understand its vision. A new webpage is nearly ready to launch which will have updated information with resources and links to help with the implementation. For any questions or assistance please contact any member of the team: Margaret Kappel, Misty Poe, Edgar Ramirez, Scott Whitaker or Charlene O’Connell.
Consider using the following meditation for Pentecost (May 15):
- Love and Joy! For 50 days, we have celebrated the love and joy of the Risen Christ. How has Christ been present to you in these 50 days? Was there a particular moment when you experienced him in a special way? Our faith is rooted in our experience of God and it motivates us to tell others. The gift of the Holy Spirit empowers us to become missionary disciples in our homes, classrooms, workplace and among friends and strangers. We are called to be merciful and forgiving to all people just as God has been merciful and forgiving of us. Where might God be sending you to serve? Who needs to hear your words of forgiveness and mercy?
- ¡Amor y Gozo! Por 50 días hemos celebrado el amor y el gozo del Cristo Resucitado ¿Cómo se ha hecho Cristo presente para usted durante estos 50 días? ¿Hubo un momento en especial en el que usted lo experimentó de una manera especial? Nuestra fe está enraizada en nuestra experiencia de Dios y nos motiva a compartirla con otros. El don del Espíritu Santo nos empodera para convertirnos en discípulos misioneros en nuestros hogares, salones de clase, lugares de trabajo y entre amigos y extraños. Estamos llamados a ser misericordiosos y a perdonar a todos tal como Dios ha sido misericordioso y nos ha perdonado ¿Dónde puede ser que Dios le esté enviando a servir? ¿Quién necesita escuchar sus palabras de perdón y misericordia?
Bishop Vásquez’ prayer request
Please consider Bishop Vásquez’ prayer request for Pentecost (May 15):
- For the Church, that we may have confidence in God’s grace which leads and sustains us to be witnesses to and agents of God’s forgiveness and mercy, we pray…
- Por la Iglesia, para que tengamos confianza en la gracia de Dios la cual nos guía y sustenta para dar testimonio y ser agentes del perdón de Dios y de su misericordia, oremos...
St. Mary’s Seminary reunion
Alumni are invited to join St. Mary’s Seminary to celebrate the retirement of Frances Panchok. At. Mary's alumni have benefitted from her 43 years of teaching with the University of St. Thomas School of Theology. There will be a recognition ceremony immediately following the closing Mass on Thursday, May 5 at 4:30 p.m., followed by dinner in the Refectory. Alumni are welcomed back to celebrate another successful year at St. Mary’s and Panchok’s retirement. Please RSVP to email@example.com by May 1.
Ethics and Integrity in Ministry
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops
Click here to login to your EIM account in order to find the workshop schedule and Sign Up for a Workshop (bottom right of your account page). Instructions are provided in case you do not recall how to login to your EIM account. Please contact your parish or Catholic school EIM site administrator if you need assistance or if you do not have Internet access. For general information about EIM workshops, please click here.
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops are scheduled by the EIM Office, coordinating with the EIM site administrator at parishes, schools and other diocesan agencies. Staff of any site wishing to host a workshop should coordinate with their EIM site administrator. If the site administrator has arranged workshop details with a facilitator, then an email to the EIM office with those details is sufficient to request a workshop; otherwise workshop requests should be made by the site administrator using the Workshop Request Table. EIM site administrators may direct inquiries about EIM workshop scheduling to Emily Hurlimann in the EIM Office at (512) 949-2447.