The Friday E-Pistle (Nov. 6, 2015)
A message from Bishop Vásquez
- Rev. Jude Uche, MSP, pastor, St. Stephen Parish in Salado, effective Oct. 30, 2015.
- Rev. Ricardo Mejia Montiel, TOR, parochial vicar of St. Francis on the Brazos Parish in Waco, effective Oct. 20, 2015.
Adult Confirmation liturgy
The diocesan Adult Confirmation liturgy will be celebrated Dec. 5 at 10:30 a.m. at Santa Cruz Parish in Buda. Parishes should use this form to register their participants: http://www.austindiocese.org/sites/default/files/RegistrationsDAC%20DEC%202015.xlsx
The registration deadline for this liturgy is Nov. 13. If your parish is unable to meet this deadline, the Worship Office can supply other dates where the bishops will celebrate confirmation at a nearby parish. Contact Kathy Thomas for more information about the celebration or registration at (512) 949-2429.
Please consider using the following meditation for the feast of Christ the King (November 22):
- Jesus wants to be King and Lord of our lives. He freed us from sin and death. Yet, Christ invites us to turn away from worldly things to participate fully in his Kingdom. We are reminded that He is victorious. Do I live as a faithful member of the Kingdom?
- Jesús quiere ser Rey y Señor de nuestras vidas. Él nos liberó del pecado y la muerte. Aún así, Cristo nos invita a apartarnos de cosas mundanas para participar completamente en su Reino. Nos recuerda que Él es victorioso ¿Vivo como un miembro fiel del Reino?
Stewardship and Development
Catholic Services Appeal
This is Commitment Weekend for the Catholic Services Appeal.
Pro-Life T-Shirt Contest
Submit your design for the Texas Catholic Pro-Life Day T-shirt Design Contest. The winner will see hundreds wearing their design as they attend a day full of pro-life activities including a prayer vigil, living rosary, Mass, march, rally and a Party for Life. Design must include the following text: Texas Catholic Pro-Life Day, centraltexasprolife.org and the date of the event, Jan. 23, 2016. Submit your design for the Texas Catholic Pro-Life Day T-shirt by Dec. 1 to Yvonne Saldaña. The winner will be selected by our event committee and will receive five free T-shirts.
Pope Francis’ prayer request
Please consider Pope Francis' prayer requests for the month of November:
- That we may be open to personal encounter and dialogue with all, even those whose convictions differ from our own …
- Que estemos abiertos a un encuentro y diálogo personal con todos, incluso con aquellos cuyas convicciones difieren de las nuestras...
- That pastors of the Church, with profound love for their flocks, may accompany them and enliven their hope …
- Que los pastores de la Iglesia, con profundo amor por sus rebaños, los acompañen y aviven su esperanza...
Bishop Vásquez’ prayer request
Please consider Bishop Vásquez’ prayer requests for the feast of Christ the King (Nov. 22):
- For our communities of faith, that working to build the Kingdom, others may encounter Christ through our service to one another, those in need, the suffering, and those without hope ...
- Por nuestras comunidades de fe, para que mientras trabajamos por construir el Reino, otros encuentren a Cristo a través de nuestro servicio mutuo, el servicio a aquellos necesitados, a los que sufren y a aquellos sin esperanza ...
Ethics and Integrity in Ministry
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops
Click here to login to your EIM account in order to find the workshop schedule and Sign Up for a Workshop (bottom right of your account page). Instructions are provided in case you do not recall how to login to your EIM account. Please contact your parish or Catholic school EIM site administrator if you need assistance or if you do not have Internet access. For general information about EIM workshops, please click here.
EIM Basic and Refresher Workshops are scheduled by the EIM Office, coordinating with the EIM site administrator at parishes, schools and other diocesan agencies. Staff of any site wishing to host a workshop should coordinate with their EIM site administrator. If the site administrator has arranged workshop details with a facilitator, then an email to the EIM office with those details is sufficient to request a workshop; otherwise workshop requests should be made by the site administrator using the Workshop Request Table. EIM site administrators may direct inquiries about EIM workshop scheduling to Emily Hurlimann in the EIM Office at (512) 949-2447.